Placement, commodity fetishism and the cargo cult.
willytex
2003-11-04 02:47:50 UTC
Placement, commodity fetishism and the cargo cult.

Vastu-vidya, the ancient art and science of edifice architecture, like Yoga
and Ayerveda, originated within the Vedic culture of India. This fellow is
convinced that Vastu can be an important ally in a wired new world. Vastu
teaches alignment, placement, and the relationship of physical space in
relation to man and nature. How we set up the interior of our shelters has a
dramatic impact on our way of living. This fellow knows the power of Vastu
living, has experienced it, believes in it, and integrates it into his daily
life.

An essential part of any Vastu Living Home is a Zone of Tranquility.

According to Maharishi and the Swami Prakashananda Saraswati, the Hindu home
should be a temple or peace pagoda, and it should have a Zone of
Tranquility, that is, a puja room or prayer room for meditation. A Zone of
Tranquility is a place where one can sit down and meditate on your Ista
Devata. Pay attention! The Zone of Tranquility should not be confused with
the Brahmansthana, which is where the Brahman is to be sitting. The Zone, on
the other hand, can be its own room or a part of a room. Your Zone of
Tranquility should be a place where you can shut the door and meditate on
the divine love conciousness.

A Note on the Cargo Cult:

Inside the Zone of Tranquility, there should be a balance between wind and
water. The science of Fengshui in its earliest recorded context specifically
refers to the School of Forms. Terrestrial features serve to block the wind,
which captures qi and scatters it, and channel the waters, which collect qi
and store it. Fengshui may literally indicate "wind and water," but this is
merely shorthand for an environmental policy of "hindering the wind and
hoarding the waters." The science of Fengshui, therefore is
"windbreak-watercourse qimancy."

The art of Kanyu, on the other hand, the precursor of the Compass School,
relies strictly on astrology and numerology as a means of fathoming qi on a
cosmic scale. While Fengshui is local, Kanyu is universal. Since the
medieval period in China, masters of qimancy were versed in the
environmental science as well as the occult art.

So,the term Yaqui Qimancy, has been coined by this fellow, and it applies to
both Vastu and Fengshui.

P.S. For apartment and/or city dwellers, take two mirrors and call me in the
morning.

Maharishi Sthapatya Veda
http://www.mgc-vastu.com/

Maharishi Sidhaland
http://www.maharishi-european-sidhaland.org.uk/
ColdBluICE
2003-11-04 12:07:22 UTC
Post by willytex
Placement, commodity fetishism and the cargo cult.
Vastu-vidya, the ancient art and science of edifice architecture, like Yoga
and Ayerveda, originated within the Vedic culture of India. This fellow is
convinced that Vastu can be an important ally in a wired new world. Vastu
teaches alignment, placement, and the relationship of physical space in
relation to man and nature. How we set up the interior of our shelters has a
dramatic impact on our way of living. This fellow knows the power of Vastu
living, has experienced it, believes in it, and integrates it into his daily
life.
Speaking of *Failed Vaastu* (in India no less!)..
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/xml/uncomp/articleshow?msid=32903643
Vaastu fails to prevent Maharishi Hsg collapse
ANURAG JOSHI

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2002 01:39:46 AM ]
MUMBAI: Maharishi Housing Development Finance Corporation, which
offered the cheapest home loans and made them even more attractive if
the borrower followed vaastu principles, is on the verge of shutting
its shop.
<snip>
willytex
2003-11-04 13:19:07 UTC
Speaking of *Failed Vaastu* (in India no less!)..,
So, the Maharishi has one of the largest housing companies in Mother India?
And, it was mentioned in The Times of India, one of the major newspapers?
And, you found this out on the Internet?

But, you wagered $200 claiming that there was not one mention of a Mahesh
Yogi and the housing of any Pandits, in any of the *seven major media
outlets* in all of India.

I'll be expecting the $200 that you owe me.

So, how long is it going to take you and your buddies at the VHP to build
that Ram Temple in Ayodhya?

You are supporting Hindutva, right?
its shop.
ColdBluICE
2003-11-05 00:57:58 UTC
Post by willytex
Speaking of *Failed Vaastu* (in India no less!)..,
So, the Maharishi has one of the largest housing companies in Mother India?
The operative word here is *had* a "home lending corporation"...that
is *now* defunct.

Or, have you still not quite grasped english comprehension?
Post by willytex
And, it was mentioned in The Times of India, one of the major newspapers?
And, you found this out on the Internet?
But, you wagered $200 claiming that there was not one mention of a Mahesh
Yogi and the housing of any Pandits,
And, where *exactly* did you find any indication that Mahesh was
"housing any pundits" in that particulat article?

As, i thought more mis-direction.. and denial.
Post by willytex
in any of the *seven major media
outlets* in all of India.
As is evident... your reading skills still have yet to prove useful,
in arrving at any logical thought conclusions.

Another fine example of your *drug addled half senile* minsicule
so-called "intellect".
Post by willytex
I'll be expecting the $200 that you owe me.
No Sir, please re-mit payment now.. As of Novemeber 04, 2003.. there
*IS NOT* any group of Maheshian Pandits gatheres anywhere in India.
its shop.
willytex
2003-11-05 18:08:26 UTC
Post by ColdBluICE
Post by willytex
So, the Maharishi has one of the largest housing companies in
Mother India?
The operative word here is *had* a "home lending corporation"...that
is *now* defunct.
So, we are agreed that the Mahesh Yogi had one of the largest housing
developments in Mother India?
Post by ColdBluICE
Or, have you still not quite grasped english comprehension?
Seems pretty plain to me - apparently, it was major.
Post by ColdBluICE
Post by willytex
And, it was mentioned in The Times of India, one of the major
newspapers? And, you found this out on the Internet?
But, you wagered $200 claiming that there was not one mention of
a Mahesh Yogi and the housing of any Pandits,
And, where *exactly* did you find any indication that Mahesh was
"housing any pundits" in that particular article?
Because the company was called "Maharishi Housing Development Fund?"

D'oh!
Post by ColdBluICE
As, i thought more mis-direction.. and denial.
You posted the reference, not I, Sir. Are you going to now deny that you
contradicted yourself, therefore forfieting your own wager?
Post by ColdBluICE
Post by willytex
in any of the *seven major media outlets* in all of India.
As is evident... your reading skills still have yet to prove useful,
in arrving at any logical thought conclusions.
But the article said that the Mahesh had one of the largest companies in
India, offering low-cost housing.
Post by ColdBluICE
Another fine example of your *drug addled half senile* minsicule
so-called "intellect".
When you know you've been defeated in an fair debate, call your opponent
a name.

You're still trying to renege on your wager - cheater.
Post by ColdBluICE
Post by willytex
I'll be expecting the $200 that you owe me.
No Sir, please re-mit payment now.
You lost the wager - pay up, or shut up.
Post by ColdBluICE
As of Novemeber 04, 2003.. there *IS NOT* any group of Maheshian
Pandits gathered anywhere in India.
How do you know? Can you prove that you read every page, of every major
news outlet, in all of India? I think not. You're bullshitting in order
to keep from paying up. You've never even been to India or met a Pandit
in your whole life. Chances are, you don't even have any Indian
newspapers to read, except selections you find on the Internet.

So, I'll raise your wager $100 and call your hand, even though you
reneged for over a year. What have you got? Show your proof that there
are not 10,000 Maheshian Pandits in housing provided by the MHDF, one of
the largest housing development companies in India.
its shop.
ColdBluICE
2003-11-05 23:43:51 UTC
Post by willytex
Post by ColdBluICE
Post by willytex
So, the Maharishi has one of the largest housing companies in Mother India?
The operative word here is *had* a "home lending corporation"...that
is *now* defunct.
So, we are agreed that the Mahesh Yogi had one of the largest housing
developments in Mother India?
No not quite.. once again, the content of the article eludes even the
dullest of minds(yours).

The size of of the *NOW DEFUNCT* "maharishi" home lending corporation
is in question.

The Offical goverment list of the largest private lending corporations
(NGO.. Non Govermental Orgs.) are as folllows

http://goidirectory.nic.in/bankfin.htm
Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Small Industries (CGTSI)
Economic Development Corporation Limited, Goa
Export-Import Bank of India
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA)
Industrial Investment Bank of India Limited (IIBI)
Madhya Pradesh Financial Corporation (MPFC)
National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC)
National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC)
National Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Finance and Development
Corporatioin (NSFDC)
North Eastern Development Finance Corporation (NEDFI)
Power Finance Corporation Limited
Rajasthan Finance Corporation (RFC)
Rural Electrification Corporation Limited
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
Unit Trust of India (UTI)

No mention of maharishi Housing finance at..
From a website of listed NGO s
http://www.ambedkar.org/Worldwide_Dalits/intl_aid_addressing_dalit_issues.htm

Some mention in this article regarding its takeover(no mention of any
pundits)
http://www.hansuttam.com/newsletter.htm
Housing finance arm of IDBI launched on 28th May
The IDBI launched Rs. 100 crore housing finance that will have its
base in Pune and slowly it will expand in other major cities. Mr. M O
Rego has been appointed the Managing Director of this venture. The
starting of the subsidiary coincides with the takeover of the Tata
Home Finance by IDBI. The Mumbai based DFI has been aggressively
pursuing the takeover talks with various housing finance companies
like Maharishi Housing finance and SBI Home to structure a deal giving
the housing plans a shape.
Post by ColdBluICE
Post by willytex
And, it was mentioned in The Times of India, one of the major
newspapers? And, you found this out on the Internet?
But, you wagered $200 claiming that there was not one mention of
a Mahesh Yogi and the housing of any Pandits,
And, where *exactly* did you find any indication that Mahesh was
"housing any pundits" in that particular article?
Because the company was called "Maharishi Housing Development Fund?"
Meaning *exactly* what to you?

Simply because it bears Mahesh's (self-appointed) title in no way
factually proves that indeed it was providing low cost home loans to
jobless pundits.
Post by willytex
D'oh!
Post by ColdBluICE
As, i thought more mis-direction.. and denial.
You posted the reference, not I, Sir. Are you going to now deny that you
contradicted yourself, therefore forfieting your own wager?
I did not contradict my self in any way.., you have yet to prove that
the *DEFUNCT* maharishi Housing finance was providing any loans to any
jobless pundits.
Post by willytex
Post by ColdBluICE
Post by willytex
in any of the *seven major media outlets* in all of India.
As is evident... your reading skills still have yet to prove useful,
in arrving at any logical thought conclusions.
But the article said that the Mahesh had one of the largest companies in
India, offering low-cost housing.
That is correct "had" is operative word.., now *DEFUNCT*.
However, no mention of providing low cost home loans to out-of-work
pundits.
Post by willytex
Post by ColdBluICE
Another fine example of your *drug addled half senile* minsicule
so-called "intellect".
When you know you've been defeated in an fair debate, call your opponent
a name.
The only thing defeated here is your circular "pretzel logic"!!
Post by ColdBluICE
Post by willytex
I'll be expecting the $200 that you owe me.
No Sir, please re-mit payment now.
You lost the wager - pay up, or shut up.
No jack-ass u lost!
its shop.
willytex
2003-11-06 02:11:02 UTC
Post by ColdBluICE
The size of of the *NOW DEFUNCT* "maharishi" home
lending corporation is in question.
Makes no difference if it is defunct - you said there was no mention in any
of the major India media outlets. You were wrong - just admit it.

Now there is a doubt that you really read any newspapers or magazines from
India at all.

So, you can't prove anything - all you can do is post Internet references to
year-old selected articles on the Internet.

So, you haven't really read any Indian newspapers or magazines, right?

All I have to do is show that there is reasonable doubt in your claim to
have read every issue of the seven major Indian media outlets for the past
two years. In truth, you have read none - nada.

And, you've never been to India.

Isn't it true that you get all your news on the WWW?

FYI: It's almost impossible to prove a negative. You wagered that you could
prove that there were *not* or *never would be* 10,000 pandits in India. So,
prove it, or shut up.

P.S. I'll forget that you attempted to stack the deck in your favor and that
you tried to alter the terms of the bet at least five times. Where is your
proof? I'm raising you $100 and calling your hand.
ColdBluICE
2003-11-06 13:24:57 UTC
Post by willytex
Post by ColdBluICE
The size of of the *NOW DEFUNCT* "maharishi" home
lending corporation is in question.
Makes no difference if it is defunct - you said there was no mention in any
of the major India media outlets. You were wrong - just admit it.
Mention of what...seems you cannot even grasp the *simple* content of
the wager, which was(and) is..,There will *never* be (as of Sept.
2002) 10,000 maheshian Pandits in India or elsewhere in the world for
that matter.

i *never* mentioned the existance (of the now defunct) "maharishi
housing finance corporation" in my wager.
Post by willytex
<snip>
So, you can't prove anything - all you can do is post Internet references to
year-old selected articles on the Internet.
That prove, that you have *absolutely* no idea of what you are talking
about.

The "maharishi housing fianace corp." was not "the largest in India"
as you claimed, not even 30th largest in India... as the "internet
references" indicate.
Post by willytex
<snip>
<snip>
FYI: It's almost impossible to prove a negative. You wagered that you could
prove that there were *not* or *never would be* 10,000 pandits in India. So,
prove it, or shut up.
Lil MishMashi HaHa Mahesh has already proved the fact for me... the
*Addled Old Psychopath* is recentely quoted as saying something to the
effect as-, "get 500 pandits in "vedic city", Iowa or destruction is
certain".., as recently as just last week.

And, coupled with the fact there is no mention of "10000 maheshian
pandits" in the seven majotr media outlets of India, certainly proves
without a doubt there are'nt any large groups of "maheshian pandits".
<snip>
Show me any recent *2nd party independent proof* of maheshian pandits.
Willytex
2003-11-08 13:57:31 UTC
Post by ColdBluICE
you said there was no mention in any of the major India media
outlets. You were wrong - just admit it.
Mention of what...
That the Mahesh Yogi has been housing thousands of Pandits in India by
starting a company named the Maharsihi Housing Development Fund and that he
recently sold the company so he could build a Peace Palace at Allahabad?
Post by ColdBluICE
seems you cannot even grasp the *simple* content of
the wager,
I understand that you made a wager and when you lost, you didn't pay up.
You failed to respond to my point concerning Panditji, namely the Sri Sri
Ravi Shankar, a Maheshian Pandit, and his millions of Sudarshan Kriya
Pandits.
Post by ColdBluICE
which was (and) is..,There will *never* be (as of Sept.
2002) 10,000 maheshian Pandits in India or elsewhere in
the world for that matter.
You are incorrect. Your original wager stated there are not 10,000
"Pandits" in India, not "Mahaehsian" Pandits. I responded that there must be
millions of "Pandits" in India THEN you altered the terms of the wager to
say "Maheshian" Pandits. I called your hand and you failed to prove your
point, therefore you forfiet the wager. Those are the rules, Sir.

Furthermore, you attempted to change the terms of the wager numerous times,
also not allowed in a fair bet.

But, even so, you failed to define the term "Mahesian" - by that you could
mean any pandits who are "auspicious" (mahesh) to Lord Shiva. Probably what
you meant to say was "Maharishi Vedic Flying Pandits", but instead, you
wanted to be a smartass, so you called the Indian Pandits a name,
"Mahesian", as if that means anything to anyone except yourself. D'oh!

Fact is, a "Pandit" in India is a name for members of the Brahmanic caste,
i.e. Brahmanic Hindus in general. ANy Brahman is a Pandit, by definition,
because it is their duty according to the Shastras, to read and write
Sanskrit and study the Vedas.

Specifically, in reference to the Maharishi's Pandits, according to
eyetwitness reports, the pandit program is still ongoing. According to the
Indian newspapers, the Maharishi has a number of schools in India with a
combined enrollment which exceeds 10,000 pandit boys. I'm sorry you cannot
accept this as proof, so I guess you will have to go there to see for
yourself.

However, you failed to grasp my point about the negative bet: it's almost
impossible for you to prove that you read *every issue* of all the seven
major Indian media oultlets, as you have claimed in your wager.

But, speaking of fair bets, you wanted to wager using a "stacked deck" in
the first place - meaning you wanted me to believe that you actually *knew*
for certain that there were "not 10,000 Pandits in India." And, then you
demanded that I show my hand, without showing yours.

Since you responded to my upping the ante on the bet in my last post, by the
rules of any respectable casino, you owe me $300 via Pay Pal.

But, the point is, since you lied about the Maharishi "murdering Guru Dev",
why would anyone believe a thing you say about a Google search?

So, you admit that, in an exaustive search, of all the archives, of all the
seven major Indian media outlets, you could find *not one* report, article,
or mention, of a "Lil Bramhachari Mahesh" having murdered his "Guru DevJi"
back in 1953. Thank you Sir, for proving my point - now all you have to do
is retract your scurrilous statements about the Mahesh Yogi!

You're obviously a liar and a cheater. If you're so smart, lets see a
facsimle of your American passport to India, with at least a photo of you
reading an Indian magazine or newspaper in a tea stall somewhere.

Besides, Bob Brigante has posted numerous times that the Pandits exist and
John Manning seems to agree with Bob that the Mahesh pandit project is a
good thing. So there.